AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats a fair chopping price for this setup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 9/28/2017 07:15 (#6275502 - in reply to #6273198)
Subject: RE: Whats a fair chopping price for this setup?

western iowa,by Denison
from a commercial-real world experience of what we pay to hire different dealerships to fix equipment-which here is $110 hour for there mechanic and from hiring a local back yard Mechanic at $50 hour-simply your guys running the tractors are worth $50 hour and your tractors with equipment in tow are worth $60 hour,
so you are going to take 3 men and 1 working day out of there year-realistic thinking is maybe your neighbor wants it free-come back and help you etc. true cost is probably that each of a well groomed 3 guy chopping crew is worth $500 a day and equipment at same value

about $150 acre and hopefully neighbor goes and gets the beer at the end of the day

I pay $50 hour for good help sitting on my equipment, pay $110 hour if they bring there own 200+hp tractor and pull my equipment

we do have one fella that thinks his 1 hour is equal to 10 of his hours-which he is about to get educated on-sadly 3 years ago I would have tolerated it but real experience is educational daily

Lots of variables a lot of times those small jobs can educate yourself with stupid things that would never happen on your own place-We have had jobs where it would be cheaper if I just gave the farmer free feed out of my silage pile-Yesterday Adam was moving to a new job and ran over a 3/8 bolt that went into are brand new floatation tire that cost $2100 last week-or the time I filled up with bad fuel that ended up wrecking my motor in the 7500jd chopper 100 hours later-maybe the time I hit something in the field with the silage head-or that time when I chopped custom with my old 2 row and mysteriously a fenc post went in the chopper and digested the knives and drum into a big pile of scrap-and then the time my friend came over to help chop haylage and his Hesston found a piece of metal in the windrow and now he pulls my $7000 jd 3970 in trade as I cant find a suitable Hesston to replace it-that guy that said $15 hour per man and $25 hour for tractor needs to come my way!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)