AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dixon county Nebr. crop pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 9/13/2017 16:27 (#6245876 - in reply to #6245849)
Subject: RE: Dixon county Nebr. crop pics

Nebraska aka the boondocks
There is no need to be overly critical of yourself. On this board back at the highs in July, I said I was 45% sold on corn and someone said or asked what I would do when we went to the moon. I have not sold any sense then. Why? Because all the indicators were as has been pointed out, i.e. Crop ratings indicating the smaller crop, low 160s. It wasn't only that, the drought monitor etc seemed to go right along with the crop ratings. If you look back, during supposed key time frames many areas were dry and they still are. Nobody ever said the crop was doomed, nobody ever said some areas wouldn't have record yields. Did the big firms miss it ? Yes. Who told everyone to sell 25% at the three peaks and or be sold out by early July? The fact that anyone has to be explained to as to why people are upset is absurd. People felt they were misled. No sense in beating the dead horse, because now everyone is in the same boat, waiting to sell whatever isn't sold at a price that doesn't completely suck ass. So we are all watching...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)