AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

16 & 17 Nov Soy Charts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 9/5/2017 22:11 (#6231487 - in reply to #6231176)
Subject: RE: 16 & 17 Nov Soy Charts

South Central Iowa
Last year was a near nightmare for soybeans in my area. Soybeans planted in April did not reach maturity until mid October. Every night had heavy dews and the soybeans would swell to 15-16% every morning until about the 5th of November (Guy Fawkes?). You couldn't combine until 3-4 in the afternoon and could only run until dark. But then we had 24 days without a rain and finally were able to get something done. I was terrified it would snow on them.... I have had soybeans snowed on, it can take all winter to run 500 acres. Thankfully though we got lucky.

I am going with another record planting this coming year though. I think your market getting long on soy will occur before seed decisions are made. Corn will be brought kicking and screaming part way, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2.8-3 ratio. 165 national corn yield does not do the same thing as 45 soybean yield.

If that yield isn't acknowledged before planting, it will be felt early next summer when elevators and end users start to discover it. Price better ration before. Soybeans are big-time demand market and they aren't near the consistent yielder that corn is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)