AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BIG IRON BOUNCE?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 9/5/2017 23:21 (#6231598 - in reply to #6231178)
Subject: RE: BIG IRON BOUNCE?

Ontario's middle east
I guess I had a similar experience with Roy, when I got to know him 20 years ago. I was s a lot younger then and thought marketing was hard so I needed to deploy complicated strategies with technicals and options etc and along comes this old fool from NE that says, all you really need to do is pay attention for opportunities at certain times of year. I scoffed at how something so simple could work, until I looked back after a couple years and saw how much better off I would have been to take his advice. So I adopted it ... Right in time to catch a big counter seasonal rally.... Of course.....He also has his Murphy's laws of commodity trading BTW. Roy freely admits there are of course no nevers or always in marketing but there are a few things that play out often enough to make great drop dead dates. Never hold old corn past July 10 anyone ? There are others, like always sell new corn May 1 that I may not completely agree with, but I would suggest is very valuable to make sure you have profit based target orders working during that time frame. Recognize that the market will pay a premium for the unknown and that is why most years the best corn price comes preharvest. I have added 1 to his list; never sell beans Oct 1. Very likely the harvest low will be give or take a week from then and the dead cat bounce will follow. Obviously your mileage may vary.

Edited by Maizeing 9/5/2017 23:23

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (63KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)