AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Titan Machinery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

STOMN
Posted 9/1/2017 11:49 (#6222816 - in reply to #6222492)
Subject: RE: Titan Machinery?

West Central MN
boatload - 9/1/2017 08:54

When they are receiving a markup for the labor of a shop employee of around 500% and in a lot of cases a markup of 100% or more on parts I think they are probably netting more than 10%.

Dumbest statement ever! 500% markup You better get in the repair business. OK I'll go with your numbers. $150 an hour (Which is high for most Case and Deere Dealers) at 500% markup. So you're going to pay a techs wage, plus Health Insurance, plus 401K, Plus work comp, plus vacation time, plus disability, plus 5% to 10% of all of those same things for a service managers and support staff on $30. You had better apply for Titan and straighten that out. If you think the dealer is making 100% on parts they won't be for long. The part itself may have 100% over the cost of production. If its so easy go on Auction Time buy combines and start fixing and selling. Buy your parts from Shoup or where ever! Mark up you labor 500% and your aftermarket parts 100%. Or maybe your talking about something you know nothing about! I bet on the latter.

Edited by STOMN 9/1/2017 11:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)