AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soffit lighting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ct4613
Posted 9/8/2017 09:48 (#6235926 - in reply to #6220552)
Subject: RE: Soffit lighting?

SE North Dakota
I resided our house and did new soffit and facia as well. I put in little sealed 1.5" plastic LEDs. Spaced them about 30" apart. Used a 1" hole saw and siliconed them in. The best part is i dont have to fall off the roof anymore to hang up xmas lights... i can change colors to whatever i want. Christmas i make them red and green, halloween orange, i can make them run, flash, or hook it up and change with music. Also has. Dimmer and a timer. I have them on at night from dusk untill midnight as accent lighting. If someone is going to be coming when its dark. I turn them up and it puts out a lot of light. Can run it all from my phone or a control panel on my garage wall. I used a converter and its all 12 volt before it leaves the garage. Took a lot of wire because i think there are about 25 or 30 lights and had to run a set of wires to each one. I used a spool of old phone service wire that was sitting in the shop. Ive gotten a lot of compliments from them. Only have a couple hundred bucks into it all. I also bought an extra set of lights so if some eventually go out i can pop in a new one. All came from amazon. If your interested i can get you some info or pictures. The best part by far is the color change for xmas..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)