AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beginning beginning drone user setup question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/31/2017 23:34 (#6160637 - in reply to #6160201)
Subject: RE: beginning beginning drone user setup question

southern MN
You do not need Internet connection to fly, that is a non-issue. I turn my internet off to keep the tablet from wasting any time on Internet access.

I have not used a Standard, their controller is a bit different so I might be sketchy on any help.....

I turn on the drone first, and thrn the controller?

The drone will behave as you say, and the lights under the motors will flash different colors for a while. Basically it is getting all the different parts to talk to each other, and finding as many satellites as it can. This can take what seems like a long time.

When the lights turn green, it should be ready to go? I don't know what your controller will say or do, being a standard, but should let you know it's safe to fly....

Then you just take off.

So, when I turn on the drone, it will jerk the props a bit, and chirp at me, just as you say, that sounds normal.

Are you waiting for everything to warm up and talk to each other?

==========
A different issue, again I don't know about a Standard, but there are several different updates you need to consider. Some versions you need to update the App on the tablet; update the controller; update the drone itself by using the camera card to feed it the update; which also ipdates the battery you have in the drone.

If any of those updates get out of step with each other by much, the Dern thing will forget how to communicate with itself and lose contact. Typically you can fly about 200 feet and the thing gets lost and returns home on its own, is what my experience with a Pro was. Perhaps a Standard is very different on this....

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)