AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recipe for cooking contest for our county fair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

kentuckyfarmer
Posted 7/19/2017 20:43 (#6136901 - in reply to #6135296)
Subject: RE: Recipe for cooking contest for our county fair

North Central Kentucky
FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ASKED:

For the steak I patted down with a little habanero pepper powder, black pepper, salt, and some fresh chopped cilantro and then put in the fridge a few hours.
For the butter topping, I got some heavy cream and let it sit out for about 6 hours. Then I made it into butter using a empty 2 liter and and some shaking. Next I stirred in a TINY bit of mustard powder and about 2tbs of whole grain dijon mustard. Then you refrigerate in spoonfuls to solidify to place on steak after it comes off of grill.
For potatoes, you slice one side of the potato longways so it will stand up on the plate. Next cut almost all the way through it like you are slicing up for fried potatoes or something, but leave the bottoms connected. Then I melted some butter and minced some garlic and brushed that on the potatoes and in the cracks. Wrap in foil and grill away from the direct heat until tender. My grill showed 450.
After about 30 minutes unwrap and make foil into a boat shape so the top is open and use a small knife to slide pieces apart enough to get small pieces of cheese in. I used munster, but whatever. After it is all melted, it is ready. I topped with chives, but may crisp up some bacon to crumble over it next time.
The steak is just grilled conventionally to your preferred doneness. It is good to put the butter on as soon as it comes off and let it sit a couple minutes before digging in.
Good luck.
Phillip
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)