AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Central IL Guys?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 7/16/2017 21:29 (#6130405 - in reply to #6130011)
Subject: RE: Central IL Guys?

C IL
0.6-1.5" here I think the first round this evening. Figured it would break up before it got here like last week.

Second round fizzled out before it got here.

Appreciate what we got. 2/3's of corn was early and in decent shape and got the heavier rain and I am super grateful. 1/3 was replanted, was rolled earlier today, is just beginning to tassel at 4-5' tall, and got the lighter rain. Jury still out on that. Happened last year and yields weren't so great on that water-stressed corn even with later rains. Agronomist blamed it on warm nights in June after calling yields 50-70bpa too high :(

Beans are 12-18" tall and closing in on R1 (late 3's, early 4's). Lots of time yet to get more rain. Still look short.

I don't think yields will be horrible. Could be better than last year, here, but as mentioned, we were not in the 230-250 area last year. Still think with the huge demand and scalping the top yield off of many areas the carry out gives us some room to go up on price. I figure the market will take all the easy bushels out of weak hands (several years of low prices) before that happens, but we will see.

Grateful for the rain we received. Please send more. I'm not greedy, the guys hammered by heat and dry worse than us need some, too. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)