AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tendering an air seeder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MDARE
Posted 9/15/2006 00:23 (#43890 - in reply to #43879)
Subject: RE: tendering an air seeder

SW KS
We use a Jet trailer for our airseeder and it works like a dream. In the side of each hopper on the drivers side I cut a hole and attached slide gates with a 6" chute to direct product into hopper of auger. If trailer is positioned properly we can fill both fertilizer and seed without moving the semi. Don't know what kind of cart you are servicing but ours is a 1910 JD, so the auger has almost unlimited adjustments for alignment. As far as fertilizer goes I just call into town and give them legals as to where the trailer is setting and they bring out a tender and fill up the front hopper and are gone again, sometimes I never even see them. When I need wheat a quick request on the radio and someone takes the truck to the bin site and loads it up. When you have everything taken care of in this way, you will be amazed as to how productive you can be in a days time. Also I always call for seed and fertilizer prior to trailer getting low enough that I have to scoop, so I am always running auger wide open. One thing to think about is that when trailer is completely loaded you probably want to stay off of main roads. Eighteen wheeler over 100,000 pounds is frowned on by some people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)