AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unpredictability in cattle and picture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmer82
Posted 4/26/2017 18:06 (#5983841)
Subject: Unpredictability in cattle and picture

S.E. Iowa
I have posted this picture before and told this story. Reading the post and replies about being careful out there reminded me of Lizzy. Lizzy was a fat calf that came home from the fair. She was an exceptional calf, so tame she would wander around the yard and not leave. One time she was going down to my dads {on her own} to get apples we hollered at her and she came back. Had a guy pull in the drive way and say "you got a cow out!". "Yeah its Lizzy" . You kind of get the picture on he disposition. One time she was grazing and hanging out in the yard, She came over and tried to mount my son. He was sitting on the ground cross legged just talking to us. I don't know if she was in heat or what but he nearly got hurt. We bred her and she had three calves. The third calf must have done something to the nerves in her spine and paralyzed her back legs. We cut the top out of a 1200 gallon fertilizer tank and tried hydro therapy using the loader to lift her in and out. Then on a Saturday morning we went out and she was dead. Just laying on the ground with her head curled around her side. She just knew she couldn't make it and died. Never lost her appetite. That was a tough day around here. EDIT: The picture is not after she died, she was sleeping on his lap!

Edited by farmer82 4/26/2017 18:25

(IMG_20140203_0001 (1).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20140203_0001 (1).jpg (86KB - 55 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)