AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about pickup leases for a newbie.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Whitetail Freak
Posted 3/29/2017 08:11 (#5929902 - in reply to #5928438)
Subject: RE: Questions about pickup leases for a newbie.....

Drilldo - 3/28/2017 15:50

Leasing is the most expensive way to own something.

Drilldo, That statement is entirely not true. Take a tractor for example if you would have purchased a brand new tractor 2 years ago how much would you're banker have adjusted the value of that tractor?? I'd be willing to bet it's probably somewhere around 40% (or more) so what does that do to you're balance sheet??? With a lease you don't own it so therefore there is nothing to be adjusted on the balance sheet so what is that worth? I will say that leasing isn't for everyone as everybody's situation is different but in certain cases leasing can give you the ability to get something NEW under full manufactures warranty with the absolute least amount of cash out of pocket and in this environment is worth A LOT. And the value of that piece could go to ZERO and it doesn't effect you what so ever. With a purchase if you are just putting the minimum down payment to get the loan and making the payment each year without applying any extra to the principal balance I can promise you that it is depreciating at a faster rate than you are paying on it. So again leasing isn't always a bad route to go.

Edited by Whitetail Freak 3/29/2017 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)