AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAE J1939/12 CANbus twisted quad cable...source?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 3/26/2017 12:15 (#5923767)
Subject: SAE J1939/12 CANbus twisted quad cable...source?

Missouri
Does anyone know a good source for a spool of 18 gauge unshielded twisted quad CANbus cable (SAE J1939/12 spec.)?

If you do enough Ag Leader stuff, inevitably you come across a configuration unique enough that the necessary cabling does not exist, and must be custom made. Additionally, logistical and economic feasibility concerns make it impractical to always have on hand a spare for every cable that might need serviced in the field (in much the same manner as no one stocks hydraulic hose part numbers, but they are produced on demand according to specifications). A selection of appropriate cable and cable ends on hand means you can service anything, immediately, on the spot, and there is no better way to be prepared for service. I have good sources for all required materials, except for a spool of this cable. Thus far, I have always been able to cut a section out of a spare/excess/used cable, and while this method is better than nothing in a pinch, it makes a pretty good waste of the rest of that cable.

The closest I have found has been at waytekwire.com, but all they have it twisted pair (yel/grn). I'm looking for 18 ga. twisted quad (red/yel/grn/blk). Any suggestions? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)