AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eagle Grove Iowa area farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 3/27/2017 16:11 (#5926278 - in reply to #5924838)
Subject: I waved Gerald

Mid-Michigan
Went by about 1130 my time. Is that your hog barn on that hill? This was a good trip. I enjoy seeing miles and miles of this good dirt. Those hills along 80 must sure be a challenge however. I can't believe how much work goes into water/dirt control but I'm sure it's a must. It's interesting how farming is farming but yet so different. I can see that lots of inventions for farming came from you guys. Like row clutches. In my area they are just a luxury. For you guys I think they'd be paid for in one year. Auto steer. In some of those fields, where in the heck do you start? I can sure see why a mold board plow is a dirty word in iowa. Trying to keep that soil in place has got to be a challenge. I did see some pretty big fields with cover crops. Things flattened out around eagle Grove. Let me guess. $12-15k? I noticed your greenstone office was about 6 times Bigger than ours. Anyway, it was great to visit you guys' area. I hope it rains when you need it. The guys at the plant were great to me. Got me unloaded and reloaded right away. Got fuel in webster city and happened to run out of hours right across from a sports bar/restaurant. Having dinner and drinking a mic light.

Edited by AGB 3/27/2017 16:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)