AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trading/Charting setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Seth_ia
Posted 3/25/2017 10:12 (#5921551 - in reply to #5916440)
Subject: RE: Trading/Charting setup

Are your trading/charting programs web based or app based. All the market info I watch is web based and that gives me a little more flexibility. Personally I can't stand using small laptop screens for any real purpose. As such here is my setup to stimulate thought. I've got a dell laptop in a docking station. Its an I3 with SSD. On the laptop monitor I keep email open. Attached to the docking station are 2 large monitors. I work on both of these monitors for normal work during the day. Then for markets and data that I watch, I cast it to a TV on the wall in front of my desk. Of course the caveat here is that everything I watch can be loaded into a browser. I like the casting option as it seems to require less system resources and doesn't drag the computer down as much when using more processor intensive applications(like GIS). If casting isn't an option, I'd go with a third real monitor and I5 processor. I did this on my old laptop and it worked well. My best suggestion is that when hooking extra monitors to a labtop, go the docking station route. It's a real time saver and give you more flexibility.

Edited by Seth_ia 3/25/2017 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)