AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS instead of radar - JD Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/18/2017 08:32 (#5906879 - in reply to #5906822)
Subject: RE: GPS instead of radar - JD Planter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jd8560 - 3/18/2017 07:02

The the tractor have radar. Factory radar plug is located in the right side console in the front, in behind the fuse panel cover. It is a 2 pin weather pack connector.

It is actually a 2 pin Metri-pak rather than a Weather Pak. Same company different series.

On these tractors this connection can be used to get a Radar signal OUT for planter monitors, spray controllers etc if the tractor is already equipped with Radar OR get a Radar signal IN for the tractor dash from some source. With a clever adapter it can do both.

In your case I would probably do it that way. Get a cable for GPS speed out of the 500 with a branch for the planter monitor but also back feed that branch back into the tractor for % slip etc.

I have personally used a Sky-Track GPS unit that output Radar speed on Deere tractors. I made an adapter so the Sky-Track connected to the Deere harness behind the muffler on the 8xxx series tractors. There is a 3 pin stub cable there that used to lead to the radar gun. This 3 pin connector provides power/ground to the Sky-Track and GPS radar into the tractor. Then the 2 pin inside the cab can be used for a planter monitor etc. This is the cleanest setup for a Sky-Track.

Edited by tedbear 3/18/2017 08:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)