AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meanwhile the Cattle ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 3/13/2017 08:21 (#5896055)
Subject: Meanwhile the Cattle ?

Buxton ND
11h: East Texas rancher headed to the Panhandle with a trailer load of hay got stopped by DPS.
Trooper handed him cash to help with fuel....

Hope is puts a smile on your face as it did mine, farmers helping farmers in a time of need is the way most of us were raised ! ! ! ! !
Even a Trooper that at times can get under a truckers/farmers skin opens is wallet to help :o))))))))))))))))

The cattle market is a battle between cash/cut outs and the funds boys wanting to exit. Not a lot more needs to be said. Longer term I see the crude market positive Rib-Eyes. Cheap crude means cheaper gas = more money in consumer pockets to buy things and drive these economy buying things includes RIB-EYES. Positive does not mean super bullish to level's any where close to the past years. Sorry pigs guys other then bacon I'm eating more beef, pork has just gotten to lean for my liking.

Feed is probably the more important side right now. I see no reason to lock in protein needs other then hand to mouth. Soybean producers seem pretty happy campers @ CC. Happy camper do not, I repeat do not put in long term meaning full lows. Beans made yet another low this morning big carry with a big crop in Brazil, to me that says hand to mouth.

Corn the same thing hand to mouth. There are probably some deals to be picked up buying damaged grain that's been in some type of pile. I saw a few local elevators on my road trip with some blood bath pile damage story's. Pile damage does not come out of the elevator pockets, it comes out of the producers pockets via a widen basis. Most will get used unless its really nasty so it means cheap feed for you.

Been positive corn, been trying to stay 5-6 friendly with corn, 5 is neutral, Crude and Brazil are turning me a 4 as with beans, corns making another new low this morning. Pretty good chunk of Brazil got a really good drink on their 2nd crop corn last night. Mr Market seems to be going into the "Rain makes Grain" mode in Brazil. "Rain makes Grain" in stock talk makes for cheap feed.

Now here's something the grain guys would pop a blanking cork at (its save to say over here right) The Grain guys bend you over the pickup end gate with $8.00/8.50 cash corn. They wanting MORE,,, was just giving it to you dry. NOW as with beans, big carry/big crop coming in Brazil its the grain producers bent over the same end gate with the cattle guys lining to return the favor.

THENNNNNNNNNN guess what ? E- Well IDK don't you think that's enough for one day ! ! !

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)