AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle Confinement cash flow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 3/12/2017 08:05 (#5893652 - in reply to #5892369)
Subject: RE: Cattle Confinement cash flow

western iowa,by Denison
your income from not having your job working at the other site isn't going to be replaced-that being said-sure nothing wrong with improving what your Dad and you have first instead of adding huge debt on to it-
maybe year one build a 100 head cattle shed and see if I works-lot easier to swallow $50,000 of investment then $500,000
your 26-sounds like your willing to try a huge investment -realize that your Dad worked his whole life and you could piss it down the drain in 1-4 years-My advice-you have 44 years to screw up-go slowly-time flys-
take all numbers and take the income in 1/2-then see how it cashflows-It's never as good as they say
I can quote you a 100 head cattle pak barn-its $43,000 with concrete with no labor-Its $63,000-$ 100,000 for one with labor
Its a mim of $430 a head over a 10 year payback-you will have $43 just for payment add interest and Tax on the building-maintence etc-now those cattle that you had in the outside lot have to make $43 a head more if you turn once a year
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)