AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Factory Farming Debate Heats up in Southern Minnesota
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 3/10/2017 16:44 (#5890569 - in reply to #5890501)
Subject: RE: Factory Farming Debate Heats up in Southern Minnesota

Amherst WI
turbo diesal - 3/10/2017 15:04

Just imagine how many small hog operations like these people say they want would still exist if family farms had a fair shot at marketing pork. But the Federal regulator system that these same people worship ruined that and forced anyone who wants to raise hogs to be a "factory farmer". Then they go out and blame the victim for doing what they where forced into doing. They cause the problems then cry when the outcome has consequences they don't like.

We are dealing with this in our county as I type this. No winter spreading or piling of manure is some of what they are proposing. I'm not saying that's completely bad but I do think you can do this and have minimal environmental impact if you use your melon and place it in a good spot. So basically the tree huggers want to have everyone build manure storage, and I mean everyone. Even the lady with a horse since there is no minimums in this proposed ordinance.

The same people have a axe to grind with a couple of CAFO operations. What do these people think is going to happen to the handful of small guys that are left? Chances are they are going to say to hell with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)