AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Temporary? denture----Popjohn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 3/6/2017 15:31 (#5881818)
Subject: Temporary? denture----Popjohn

West Texas

Read your post back in Feb about teeth and dentures.  I went to my dentist this morning. Had a bottom denture plate that sure did seem pretty loose.

I sat down in his exam room and shortly afterwards he came in looked in my mouth and grabbed a pick and started scraping. A moment later he made the comment that he would have to deaden that before he could get that out. Yes, there had been a bony projection in that lower jaw for several years. I figured that it was just a sliver of bone that had broke off when the tooth was pulled. He gave me a shot, probed on it a little more then said " that's going to take more than a pick. He went into the other room and came back with a BIG set of pliers. In just a moment he pulled out a root off of a tooth. (I haven't had any teeth for 25 years.) I asked him why he had left that in there so long ago. He said he didn't see it. Then he asked which denture was bothering me and I told him the bottom one. The top fit good and wasn't having any trouble with it. He took a look at it, then said yes, it needed a little work.

I told him that when he made them for me 25 years ago that he said he was making them so that I would wear them, not throw them in the dresser drawer.  He agreed that yes that is what he said.  I then told him that I hadn't counted on having to come back in 25 years and having to get them rebuilt. Then he told me that the only reason he made them so cheaply was because he didn't think I would live that long. I kindly stated that he could make me another appointment in 25 more years.

It kinda got quite so I started complaining about him pulling that root out of my mouth. Told him that was what I used to eat hard candy with when I didn't have my teeth in.  He responded that maybe I should have thought of that 40 years ago.

At any rate, he told me that I could probably pick up my bottom plate in 2 or 3 days. So we went to a fast food joint to eat dinner, I ordered a BBQ bacon chicken salad. Nope, no way could I eat anything with just the top dentures in my mouth, so I eased into the restroom, removed the top dentures, wrapped them up and put them in my pocket. At last, I could eat.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)