AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RPC, I was a little nervous I kept looking for the ATF to come knocking on the door
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/28/2017 07:18 (#5868028)
Subject: RPC, I was a little nervous I kept looking for the ATF to come knocking on the door

I got quite a laugh last night when I got home. I see a package on the table, and I asked Wendy what it was. She told me she didn't know. So I walk over and look at the address, and I instantly told Parker to get a gun as it might be a Groundhog! Wendy then said what the heck are you talking about? I told her the story about talking about the blasted Ground Hog on here, and you threatened to mail one. So I opened it up, and found that nice crock with Maple Syrup in it. But then Parker piped up and said dad it might have some moonshine shine in it instead of Maple Syrup. So then I instantly got thoughts of ATF agents knocking on the door looking for Tickle sampling and selling some homemade shine from the Discovery Channel.

If Wendy didn't have dinner almost ready I would have asked her to make waffles and bacon for dinner! I've never thought much about harvesting syrup, I've never lived around many trees in my life here in the Great Basin. But as I got to thinking well I'm sure it is quite a process to harvest and process syrup. Then my thoughts went to thinking about how it is a non consumptive use of a natural resource. The trees help stabilize soil, can be harvested, plus now the syrup. It just goes to show you how we as people get so removed from the land and never think where everyday products comes from.

So now my thoughts have returned to thinking about what endangered species from the west I could catch and box up and send to you? Do you have any preference for insects, mammals, raptors, vegetation? LOL

Thanks, can't wait for the weekend to give it a try on pancakes when all the boys are home.

(20170228_061324.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20170228_061324.jpg (145KB - 130 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)