AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heard a bank in my area is calling notes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

scoot
Posted 2/25/2017 08:43 (#5862069 - in reply to #5861773)
Subject: RE: Heard a bank in my area is calling notes

NE Nebraska
I'm struggling to hold my tongue a bit on this land manger topic. It is not uncommon around here. We have a farm we have rented for 30 years. The owner lives in a town about a half hour away. We would absolutely love to be able to communicate with him, share information etc. IMO the "land managers" are naturally in a position to, and do a good job of, keeping him believing that he actually needs them. In my opinion they are nothing more than a courier service that delivers the check. In thirty years there is not one thing that has been done differently on this farm because of the land managers. One thing they do well besides acting like they now more about farming than you, is to make sure the rent is as high as possible, which is arguably good for the owner. But consider the fact that they get about 8% of the rent for there "services". Over the course of 30 years I estimate the owner (or us) has spent more than $75,000 dollars on... Nothing. I can admit there are cases where a land manager is arguably necessary but I think oftentimes an owner just doesn't need them. Edit: I apologize for hijacking the thread.

Edited by scoot 2/25/2017 08:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)