AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plumbing wing tanks on 1770NT ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/24/2017 07:51 (#5859677 - in reply to #5859510)
Subject: RE: Plumbing wing tanks on 1770NT ideas

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had four tanks on a Deere 1760 12 Row for several years. The tanks were plumbed with a fairly large hose to the center of the planter. There was a 1/4 turn shut off valve below each tank. The inner tanks used a Tee in the hose as it passed to the center of the planter. In the center the hoses from each side joined together into a cross. One branch came from each side, one branch went to the pump and the fourth branch lead back to the end of the planter for filling. This meant that when filling all the fertilizer went to the center and then back out to the four tanks. They filled quite evenly but one tank did fill a bit faster.

The imbalance was never a problem while planting as they seemed to draw down evenly. If when filling I wanted all the tanks completely full, I would just stop filling when the one tank got full first and wait a bit for them to even out. I could then open the fill valve again to top them off. I suppose I could have tried to restrict that tank a bit by closing its valve very slightly but it really wasn't a problem.

If I had Tee'd the fill connection to the end of the tank plumbing rather than going to the center, I think that there would have been more imbalance when filling. That might have been a workable situation if one played with restricting the near tanks somewhat. Since the rate of emptying the tanks is slow by comparison, the valves could possibly be left in the slightly restricted position. The extra hose needed to get to the cross in the center was pretty minimal.

I now have a 1770 where I only have one tank on the hitch so this is not a problem. A Tee is used with it to come from the single tank to the pump and also to to fill connector on the rear of the planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)