AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laudis vs Callisto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MNRRV
Posted 2/22/2017 14:44 (#5856328 - in reply to #5855897)
Subject: RE: Laudis vs Callisto

Edge of RRV MN
I have used both over the years and when you use them at equal rates which should be at or near 3'fl/oz post emerge they perform similar. I would give Laudis an edge on volunteer soybeans over Callisto. Laudis really likes MSO as an adjuvant and Callisto should use COC or NIS. Both products have synergistic effects with as little as 8 fl/oz of atrazine. The speed of kill will be quicker and more consistent control with atrazine on weeds such as ragweed. I have been using 6 fl/oz of Generic Buctril as a tankmix the last 4 year with either one due to MN restrictions on atrazine. Buctril also gives synergistic effect but not quite as good as atrazine but is enough to control my common ragweed. On low pH, low OM, sand type of ground rates of 6 fl/oz of Callisto pre(Lumax) can carryover to soybeans when rain doesn't occur. I have no experience on Laudis on this soil type.

Edit:
** Bleaching should be cosmetic and not have lasting effect.
** Spraying Hppd's immediately after a cool stretch on warmup with rapid corn growth will increase bleaching effect.

**Adjuvant selection or 4 fl/oz of Interlock (drift agent) can also enhance bleaching.
**There is also some corn hybrids that are more sensitive to Callisto as well.

With generic Callisto at around $4.50/ acre at the 3 fl/oz rate for 2017 I would give it the edge unless Laudis has lowered price to be competitive.

Edited by MNRRV 2/22/2017 14:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)