AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking good to be long
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/21/2017 12:13 (#5853978 - in reply to #5853914)
Subject: RE: Looking good to be long

South Central Iowa
The funds are the movers and yes, they increased. Will be interesting to add this Friday's with last to see what they did on a decrease of 35 cents probably through today. Barchart has a CoT breakout with large spec and I think that is just about as good of an indicator as anything; tracks the market perfectly.

I am of a belief that we are several months into a bullish cycle Palmtopper. I am looking at a range of $9.10-$11.85 for this season with high acres and decent to good weather. As long as we hold $9.10 this autumn, we are still in the valid uptrend and primed for next year. I am looking for $9.92'6 to hold through our weather season, although I will mention a major multi-year fork which helped form our bottom this year is at $9.75 on planting intentions day and could see a play off that if we are in the ballpark. I think that there is a snowball's chance in hell that we start a significant downtrend before May-June. If all is good by June, the attempted run at $11.85 could fall short and happen so quick it will make last summer's peak in corn look long-lived. If the acres aren't huge and/or there is ambiguity about weather; premium could hold for a longer period. If ambiguity gives way to a real issue, I am looking as high as $14.30 on the nearby. Those are my thoughts currently and will be unles something significant occurs. Chartwise, we are not even close to significant yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)