AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquitube tire sealant- any good???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rocker
Posted 2/17/2017 09:45 (#5845756 - in reply to #5845628)
Subject: RE: Liquitube tire sealant- any good???

NE Alberta

I have not tried any other brands, as some that I researched "back then" seemed to have shortcomings. Note that "Liquitube" used to be called "Amerseal". I believe that the Canadian version of Liquitube has a slightly different formulation so it will not freeze till -55C (-67F) instead of -43C (-45F) like the USA formulation. They are both compatable with each other and can be mixed. It is supposed to have a very long shelf life (I believe some brands eventually separate). Since it is water soluble I do not think the tire shops would hate working with it doing a tire change or repair as much as some. Some products are designed more to be "temporary" fixes whereas Liquitube is designed to be in the tire as preventative maintainance for the life of the tire. The only things that mess it up would be if the tire has remnants of liquid ballast, water, or giant gobs of "snot lube" that some tire shops use if they can't get the bead to seal when installing a new tire. Since large tires use a lot of product, it can get expensive, but no more so than buying an actual "inner tube" or one service call. We have ruined tires very quickly when we did not notice that they were extremely low or flat soon enough, and Liquitube would have been MUCH cheaper (and less hassle) than the new tire was. The pump they sell works very well and is an easy way to get the proper amount of product into each size of tire (use the chart they supply for quantities). We have not purchased any for at least a year (most of our tires already have it in them by now), but we had been buying it for $200 - $230 per 5gal pail on "promos". The only downside I have seen is that when checking air pressure you need to give the valve stem a little "squirt" of air to clear the sealant or it will go into your tire gauge. We use it on all our large tires, on many of our low speed small tires, and on our ATVs with very good success.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)