AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drop it a Tick or 2 ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooch McNamara
Posted 2/13/2017 13:22 (#5836965 - in reply to #5836889)
Subject: RE:As of today, the insurance price is 395.4

Look, I know 1/2-1 cent doesn't amount to much even if you're knocking off 250 bushel yields. It's just the mentality I have a problem with. Where does it stop? Shaving 1/4-1/2 cent off your target to get it filled was mentioned here last week already by a poster. I've heard it from the guys I contract grain with too. This is not some new concept. I question the timing of it with the trajectory of the market. Corn has traded above $4 seasonally how many years in a row? It's Feb 13th. The market closed strong last Friday. Soooo on Monday at 10:30 let's start shaving our target orders just we can say we contracted something? No thanks.

CZ17 $4.00 was just a spot I had in mind to start paying attention to the market a little more. I had a guy call me back when CZ17 hit 3.85 to tell me he booked some corn. I didn't know if he wanted me to congratulate him or what?

I'm neither a bull or bear. I like it when markets go up but I play both ways. I just don't want a perma bear anywhere near my marketing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)