AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Been mulling this over for awhile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Frisky3208
Posted 2/13/2017 03:29 (#5836191)
Subject: Been mulling this over for awhile

Heart of Ohio
Ever since I discovered this forum some three years ago, Market Talk has been my favorite place to hang out. Over time I've come to see some wide ranging differences in how individuals approach the markets and have grown to appreciate them all, and long to understand them all, I think it has served to make me a better, more disciplined marketer.
I'm a pulling fan, and have come to think of everyone's various marketing styles in terms of various pulling classes. I mean no offense to anyone, because just as I appreciate everything from the High revin, high HP Super Stocks of the NTPA to the relatively quiet, slower pace of horse pulls, so too the various marketing styles.
I think maybe I'm akin to a "Hot Farm Stock" class at the moment, using futures, various types of cash sales, grain bins, (daily, weekly and monthly) charts, and fundamentals, to market the crop I raise ... and sometimes ...... "spedging" (selling some futures with the plan of buying back lower only to "hopefully" sell again higher). Have my eye on speculating down the road, using more technicals and charts of hours and minutes maybe ? (thinking that's High Revin, super High HP stuff)
What's my point??? Probably more for the "lurkers" here than those that post with some frequency, (I've noticed # of thread views FAR out measure # of posts). I believe it will serve one well to know and appreciate the differences I've tried to define above, especially, when trying to apply what I consider a WHOLE lot of valuable thought and study found on here,.... to your own marketing plans. Whenever considering putting a posts suggestions into action, I think one should evaluate your own personnel marketing savy and maturity, (that has NOTHING to do with your age BTW)
Even tho I get a kick out of seeing tractor parts fly in a ball of fire at the track sometimes..... I know what it can "cost" to put that all back together BTDT and hate to see it happen to anybody really .... well almost anybody. LOL Keep calm ..... MARKET on .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)