AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which drone to purchase???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

hdmod
Posted 2/17/2017 11:11 (#5845925 - in reply to #5802053)
Subject: RE: Which drone to purchase???

Central IL
I have both a Phantom 3 Pro and a Phantom 4 Pro. They are both great and you can get some pretty good deals on the Phantom 3's now that the 4 is out but the 4 does have some benefits that are easy to get used to. The 4 can firmware update through your phone or iPad so if you go out to fly your drone and start it up, if it needs a firmware update, you can do it instantly if you have data on your device. The 3, you would have to download a file from DJI and put it on an SD card to put in the phantom. Its not a huge deal but can be inconvenient if you forget to check it before you leave and can't fly when you get out to do so. The phantom 4 also has a few minutes more battery life which is nice. I got mine from multicopterwarehouse they have some great kits and their prices were the best I could find. Their customer service is also fantastic. All the sites will have their own kits but a lot of them seem to have a lot of useless add in items that you will never use. I would highly recommend getting a good set of ND filters if you are going to do any video. They really help make the video look professional quality and less choppy. They help to shade the lens so that it doesn't have to work so hard if it is really sunny out. They will optimize your exposure and shutter speed ratios and really make the video look great. If you are just taking stills of crops for example, any of the polarized filters a great accessory to have. Just shop around, you really can't go wrong with the 3 or the 4 and you can find some really great kits on the market.

If you are getting one with a hard case, I would recommend the GPC Compact case. My phantom 3 came with the standard GPC case with wheels and a luggage handle like a suitcase. The case itself is huge and heavy. My phantom 4 came with a compact series GPC case and it is so much nicer. It is much easier to carry and fits great anywhere in your vehicle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)