AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polarized or non-polarized Oakleys? Lots of windshield time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 1/23/2017 14:32 (#5788423 - in reply to #5788367)
Subject: RE: Polarized or non-polarized Oakleys? Lots of windshield time

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
GM Guy - 1/23/2017 14:09

Hey all,

I am getting sunglasses, and up until now I have never had any. I wear prescription lenses, so of course I have to pay for prescription sunglasses.

I am looking at a pair of Oakley frames, they are made in China, but someone said Oakleys had a lifetime frame warranty on all models, so I am leaning towards those.

They are wondering if I want polarized or non-polarized lenses, and I frankly have no idea.

With plenty of windshield time what would be best? Obviously I dont need anything too extreme, as up till now I have been doing fine w/o dark glasses.

I have both, and much prefer polarized when in the car. Much less eye strain and glare.
One thing that has caused me problems is some LCD display screens in cars. The LCD screen is polarized and if polarized opposite your glasses, the LCD display will appear almost black and impossible to read. This was a big problem with my 2010 Toyota, but no problem at all on my 2011 F150 or 2015 Lincoln. With the Toyota while wearing the polarized glasses, I had to tip my head to the side ,45-90 degrees to read them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)