AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is everyone hearing for MAP and Potash?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IH-Harvester
Posted 1/23/2017 20:59 (#5789427 - in reply to #5789164)
Subject: RE: What is everyone hearing for MAP and Potash?

AGB - 1/23/2017 19:54

IH-Harvester - 1/23/2017 17:40

AGB - 1/23/2017 15:39

Around here Lance, my salesman says prices will stay pretty stable until around the middle of March. I think he's just guessing. For what it's worth, I haven't bought a pound yet.

Probably because they bought most of their needs already and that's the price your gonna pay. When they need to buy more in the spring they can charge you more because you think demand is higher and that deems a higher price.

I know of a few guys that bought 28 but I haven't talked to anyone who booked urea or starter yet.

I think you may have mis understood me. Alot of fertilizer distributers buy in huge bulk. So the price is pretty much set for your salesman. They buy their needs as a distributer and your gonna be stuck paying that price if you buy from them. If the price goes down they may be able to work a little but dont bet on it now. If the price goes up they get to say, hey its spring everyone wants it, you know the old supply and demand bit, making even more on you since they booked it all when the prices are historically low.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)