AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home networking, IP addresses, subnet masks, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

YawLes
Posted 1/23/2017 08:10 (#5787647 - in reply to #5787355)
Subject: Bridge mode description

Since your iPhone will let you connect up to five devices connect (and I have not ran an iPhone before), I presume you will want that one and only connection to be your network router, which will then dish out connectivity to the rest of your network. NORMALLY - Bridge mode acts as a pass-through from the router to the clients.

Given the layout, I think your issue maybe that you need to directly connect the farthest away router to the iPhone first, getting the router into the allowed list on your iPhone. Then, put the bridge back into your network, and make sure it too is in the iPhone's allowed list.

I suspect your network currently does not know how to get out to the internet (GATEWAY) and nothing is assigning IP addresses to the devices on your network (DHCP services).

My steps to diagnose:

1.) See if any of the routers can get out to the internet. Get onto the closest to the iPhone router's configuration page, there should be a PING feature. PING www.CNN.com to see if you get a response. If no response, the iPhone doesn't want to allow access to the router. If you do get a response, move to the second router's access page and repeat. This should help you figure out which one is the choke point.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)