AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Perdue for AG Secretary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

easy
Posted 1/20/2017 22:39 (#5782738 - in reply to #5782612)
Subject: RE: Perdue for AG Secretary

I don't know what you mean by 'fringe folks' but corn, beans and wheat are the majority of AG in the Mideast and Midwest. I don't think anyone will be ignored but ethanol and exports are very important to the Ag economy. I'm in no way belittling any part of ag but the grains are big deal just because of the shear volume.
Trump has flat out said, and he has backed it up with his choices in the Cabinet and his close advisors, that trade agreements are ruining this country. Corn, soybeans and wheat account for a large percentage of those exports. Carl Ichan is a long time hater of anything that doesn't make him money. He is a fossil fuel guy and one of Trumps closest advisors. The RFS would be eliminated if Icahn gets his way.
Veggies and fruits also are exported, I don't know how they fall in this. Livestock and dairy the same way. Lots of cattle and beef moving between us, Canada and Mexico.

I'm not a good communicator but I read a lot and I am very concerned about the road we are on.

On a side note I'm very concerned about something that Trump didn't mention today. Whether he likes it or not he is now the Leader of the free world.
He has to balance that responsibility with his 'Make America Great' plan. It's a delicate situation.
Regarding trade and it's effect on world stability he would be well advised to study the Coolidge and Hoover years.
There are a lot of similarities between then and now. Someone posted earlier that something that happened 90 years ago doesn't matter.
I strongly disagree. I hope the same mistakes aren't made.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)