AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Corn broke its range
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/21/2017 11:33 (#5783537 - in reply to #5783283)
Subject: RE: I'm a 7 on corn

Buxton ND
Yes it did close @ 3.696 close enough ? :o) plus I just like the sound of 3.70 I would guess there are a donkey load of buy stops above 3.70 to 3.75ish Mr Market/Mr Stop Hunters are going to wanna go blow out those stops out of the water. Why, just to say they did and piss the most off, Mr Market is really good at this. Mr. HFT's play along at the speed of sound. Just look at beans last weak stops from 10.75 to 10.80 were blown of the water and beans are alittle lower, beans dump .50 those that got stopped out are REALLY gonna be pissed.

Just look at the big corn rally picture of 2016 last summers high to the Labor Day low ? Some wanted some targets above the market to make sales. Conan tossed out some #'s above, I tossed out stop hunters and HFT why not use these guys to YOUR ADVANTAGE ? ? ? So in this thread they are some pretty good "target orders" PLUS its a major target using last years high and low. OKKKK many do not like my hints or figure it out your self post. Major target = 4.49 to 3.01 = 1.48 dividend by 2 or a 50% RT of 2016 high to low add .74 to 3.01 = 3.75 ZCH or March corn.

ZCZ17, Z is new crop 2017, I've been firm with "twiddle time" in corn til now, if you are Barry Binless and normally selling off the combine/open storage/DP Barry why not put and order in to sell some with whatever marketing tool you a comfortable with @ 3.986 ? Could this apply to pissed off Binless Barry that did not have enough storage sold into a ugly harvest basis last fall ? OR maybe your Mr Pile/Bag Barry fighting the weather trying to clean things up about now ? It may go higher, it may go lower but you will have something sold come next fall and you can tell them to stuff their DP where the sun doesn't shine...... PLUSSSS your selling some corn when YOU want to and NOT panic selling and feeding OUR exports next fall.

This paragraph just above is because of the questions I absolutely hate in NAT. You know those questions in NAT August/September, I do not have any storage/enough storage/too much old corn sitting in the bins, I got bulled up last summer on the weathermen "What do I do with my corn now" ? ? ? ? ?

Edited by Sat 1/21/2017 16:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)