AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about RTX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 2/5/2017 09:06 (#5817908 - in reply to #5813162)
Subject: RE: Tell me about RTX

East Central, Nebraska
I don't think your harsh at all. My point is you can get year to year repeatability and sub inch accuracy for about $850 per year or you can get sometimes as good as 1.5 inch accuracy and little repeatability for $1850 a year. Seems simple to me. Not sure why it matters where you Farm or what practice you use, cheaper and better should always win unless you feel as if spending foolishly is the best option in your opinion. I used the 1850 price when comparing digifarm to rtx to give it the benefit of the doubt on the convergence topic.

If a particular service is not available in your area I fully understand my argument may not apply.

Also your equipment prices are not accurate when comparing digifarm to rtx. It needs no modem harness or glonas if using beacon option. So in turn that simple rtk unlock fee is cheap if your going to use it more than 1 year. On the second you will totally recoup your investment and start saving $800 per year over rtx. All while having better accuracy and repeatability and an rtk unlock on your equipment which in turn adds to resale value. My point to all of this is the price point of rtx makes no sense other than they can charge you that because you have no other options.

Other options are available in some areas.

Edited by caseihfarmer 2/5/2017 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)