AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dji phantom 4
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 1/19/2017 16:18 (#5779405 - in reply to #5773190)
Subject: RE: dji phantom 4

KY

I've never seen one that cheap, unless it didn't have a controller.  I bought mine a couple weeks ago at BB, when they had them at record low $999.  $115 for extra battery on sale from $160.  Buddy of mine went back next day and they were back to $1199 and said they would be at that price for awhile.  Who knows.  All I know, is I get home the 40 miles, and the included battery was bad. ( I didn't have the spare at that time.)  I was ticked!  I called Dji, they laid it on BB.  Called BB, they said yeah no problem, bring us the battery.  Drove back up that night, refused to swap me a battery because there was no SKU number on my receipt because the batt came in the kit.  They referred me to Dji.  I laughed kinda snotty and said that's funny, I'm here because they sent me to you.  Said they couldn't help me.  I said fine, sell me another battery because this thing is a paperweight without it.  They sell me the batt, I went to the car, put the old battery in the new box and went right back in to the same cashier and said, "go figure, this one's bad too, give me another."  Manager was skeptical, and asked how I knew it was bad, I told him DJI says on their website that batteries are shipped half charged, and the indicator lights will show that, this one's dead.  They gave me another, i told them they weren't getting over on me, I was checking this one right there!  I pulled it out, hit the button, got the two green lights and made a believer out of them!  Complete crap that you have to go through such a thing.  BTW, I read somewhere that a large percentage of P4's leaving the factory between a certain time frame were shipped with junk batts so don't be surprised.  That being said, I love the stinking thing!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)