AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maizeing soybean spreads/charts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 1/12/2017 19:09 (#5763411 - in reply to #5762891)
Subject: RE: Maizeing soybean spreads/charts?

Ontario's middle east
Well here is the chart. Doesn't look that convincing as a breakout? I have spent a fair bit of time studying spreads and really don't see much that is reliably predictable for price forecasts, especially for beans. The trouble with beans is they are the darling of the spec funds. Spec funds live in the front end so if they are buying, they bull spread it but no saying for how long. That could be the case IDK haven't had time to review much. Maybe commercials made more cash sales? Buyers waiting to see if they could buy a dip and bought when it didn't materialise? Just a guess..... but what do I know.....My puts got chopped in half :0(
Like Sat said let's see where we go from here. I suspect we settle into the winter grind without much direction after next week. The talk likely focuses on extra ac of beans at some point and the inevitable forecasting of their demise. 52 bu beans was a knock the skin off the ball yield so maybe we digest an extra 4 mil ac beans like nothing? Always something interesting in the grain biz!

Edited by Maizeing 1/12/2017 19:14

(h-x.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments h-x.png (44KB - 39 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)