AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pellet Grills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

J_Wagfrm
Posted 1/11/2017 09:07 (#5759992 - in reply to #5759829)
Subject: RE: Pellet Grills

South Western Michigan
I have a "Smokin Brothers" and have been extremely pleased. I went to my local co-op that sells Traeger and also Smokin Brothers. I had all intentions of buying a Traeger but the salesman who ran Traegers himself for years had bought a smoking brothers 6 months prior and he strongly recommended it to me. I have been happy ever since. I have smoked big cuts several dozen times and cook almost every night on it. We have not used our inside oven since our purchase. I was told Traeger moved production overseas. The Smokin Brothers is made in U.S.A. When I first got the grill I was having some issues with the controller (operator error). I called the number in the owners manual on a Sunday expecting to leave a message and get a return call Monday morning. To my surprise a lady answered and gave me the cell phone numbers of the father and son team that builds them. The father spent a half hour on the phone walking through the controller with me then Monday a.m. the son called me back to follow up. He told me to hang on to his cell number and call him direct if I ever had any other issues. I can't speak for the Traeger as I have never used one but one buddy bought a Green Mountian and ran it trouble free for two years before trading to a green egg. Another buddy bought a Rec-Tec after extensive online research and it worked great for several months. Then it was one part after another. They were good about sending him replacement parts but after countless messed up meals and having to work on it everytime he wanted to cook he smashed it with his loader and bought an egg.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)