AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Shuttle loader coming online soon SC Kansas (posted 12/26)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

senodak
Posted 12/29/2016 20:00 (#5731023 - in reply to #5730949)
Subject: RE: New Shuttle loader coming online soon SC Kansas (posted 12/26)

Well, our rail system sucks. Until you see the pictures of 10 mile long truck lines at the ports in Brazil.

We actually do have good infrastructure in this country, the best of any country especially considering most of the grain is produced in land locked locations.

And it's not easy managing a railroad. We had oil here in 2011, 2012, 2013 that made it nearly impossible to get shuttles. Now it's not so bad. But it was bad for some railroads, they leased cars and engines from other railroads across the country for a premium in expectation of increased volume, but the volume died. And they had the extra capacity paid for. That's why rail was relatively cheap in 14, 15. We have the CP and BN near here along with some short lines, don't think the BN doesn't like to eat CP's lunch if it can.

Railroads get a bad rap but we actually have it pretty good. Saying shuttle loaders haven't been an improvement would be like a farmer saying "I bought semis and sold my tandems and I was told everything would be awesome but I still waited in line to dump for an hour."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)