AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sloan Express Catalog Cover Photo??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/20/2016 10:06 (#5711440 - in reply to #5709836)
Subject: RE: Sloan Express Catalog Cover Photo??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
mhredman - 12/19/2016 17:00

On my bucket list. Go south of equator, flush toilet and watch it swirl the other direction :)

Stupid as it may seem, I actually did just that when I went on an Ag Trip "down under" a few years ago. Yes, it does go the opposite direction.

Concerning the backwards picture. I was a Junior High Math teacher for many years. In the 8th grade Math book that we used there was a two page spread with some word problems on it. The background was a picture of a guy moldboard plowing with an open station 30 or 4020. Having spent MANY hours on a similar rig I recognized right away that the picture was printed backwards. The first clue was that the left wheel was in the furrow rather than the right.

This was in farm country and a fair amount of moldboard plowing was still being done at that time. I always asked each class what was wrong with the picture thinking that someone would come up with the obvious. The answers were quite entertaining. A good share of the time, someone responded that the tractor had a flat tire. They didn't realize it was in the furrow. One time an observant student mentioned that it was backwards. He had noticed that the single orange warning light was on the right side instead of the left. He realized that the warning light should be on the left for traffic.

I see the backward pictures from time to time and wonder if no one proofs these before printing.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)