AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to keep neighbors dogs home?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

LakeRat1
Posted 12/11/2016 20:27 (#5691656 - in reply to #5691571)
Subject: RE: How to keep neighbors dogs home?

Concordia Parish La.
We have to large dog that are inside a underground fence, its about 3 1/2 ac. there was a neighbor near by that had a young Lab. maybe 9 mo. old, when they would leave to go to work, the dog would come over and spend the day with our young dog, the 2 were always getting into something >< I went over and talked about it, I made sure it would be OK to put on of my collars on his dog

I caught the dog and placed one of the shock collars on it, >< I saw that dog get hit 5 times that day, trying to get to my place, by the next day, I would see it on the road, but didn't want anything at our place, I left it on the dog for a week, he would not let me near him, I had the guy remove my collar, the dog never came back

when you are training the dogs for the underground fence, you place flags all along the line, the dog learns quick that those flags are no go, in the case of the neighbors dog, he had no idea want was biting him at different place >< and Yes I had it set on 5 >< it worse that a elect cattle fence shock I do beleave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)