AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra...Direct Command...Raven...Pressure Transducers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/6/2016 12:18 (#5679931 - in reply to #5679608)
Subject: RE: Integra...Direct Command...Raven...Pressure Transducers

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module can handle a pressure transducer such as Raven offers. I have used and installed many Liquid Product Control Modules and only remember of a few that have gone with the pressure transducer. Main reason being that they are expensive and in my opinion not that useful. Generally I have found ways of mounting a regular gauge somewhere that is visible. This may require the use of some tubing to mount the gauge in a different place.

I would not use a pressure gauge to tell me when the tank is empty for several reasons such as running out in the middle of a pass, damaging the pump because you ran it out and others.

The Insight, Integra and I assume In Command displays have a container feature. You set this to the size of container or tank that you are using. As you apply this value counts down to give you an accurate reading of what is left in your tank. The Raven had that feature as well. With the Ag Leader you can set an alarm that will warn you when you reach 10% or some other value.

When you refill the tank, you tell the system that you have topped off the tank and it reverts back to the tank size. If you only add enough to make a partial tank, you can enter that amount. I used this feature quite a bit when I applied NH3 with the Liquid Product Control Module. The Container count down remains accurate even if you switch fields. If you finish a field and still have a partial tank left you can change to the next field which will cause the Field volume to restart at zero but the container volume remaining continues on from the value when you finished the first field. This is handy so you know when to switch tanks.

With my sprayer setups I didn't really utilize much (although it works fine) since my tanks were always visible to me and I could easily see how empty they were getting.

As far as the Integra screaming about no seed flow, this should not happen if the implement switch is working properly.

Edited by tedbear 12/6/2016 12:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)