AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can't even get calf milk replacer with out going to the vet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Seth_ia
Posted 12/6/2016 08:42 (#5679449 - in reply to #5678709)
Subject: RE: Can't even get calf milk replacer with out going to the vet

$60 seems like highway robbery IMHO. My vet is planning to start keeping CTC crumbles and other VFD feed products on hand and selling them himself and I feel extremely fortunate! As I told him, even if it costs a little extra it well worth the convenience of me not having to handle any paperwork between the vet and the retailer. Last time I discussed the VFD rules with the vet, he wasn't planning to charge anything for VFDs written for feed mills. However if my vet wants a few bucks I have absolutely NO problem paying it because I know it will be fair.

As a side note there seems to be a few vets that are milking the new rules a little if large animal business doesn't matter to them. I was talking with a relative that uses a large mixed animal clinic(mostly small animals actually) locally. That clinics new policy is no antibiotics without seeing the every animal, every time even with a valid VCPR. I suspect that there few remaining large animal clients will all be gone shortly, since none of the competing vet clinics in the area have gotten this "memo" yet. Apparently they want to be small animal only...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)