AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auction Time ; how does it work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 12/6/2016 14:02 (#5680112 - in reply to #5679808)
Subject: RE: Auction Time ; how does it work?

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
With my previous employer we advertised with Tractorhouse. Auction Time is a branch of Tractorhouse. It was not very good for niche equipment like tile plows or any other drainage equipment. We had to list under attachments or other, which did not give very good exposure. If you search tile plows some of my items would show up and others would not. It is a good place for things like name brand tractors or common shortlines, but sucks for specialty items. I tried for 2 years to get them to add a drainage equipment category, but was told they would not. If it had been my choice, I would have told them that is the end of our relationship, but it was a good resource for advertising our other products that I did not work with. Fastline was much better for my drainage equipment, but not as good of exposure for the general agricultural equipment we sold.

On another note, the value of this type of tile plow is not real high due to age and design. If I had it on the lot, I would put $4000 on it and be willing to deal. They are great for cutting tree roots because they can maintain a fixed depth easily.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)