AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UPDATE for JD1770 ISO to CASE IH AFS Pro700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 12/5/2016 22:38 (#5678891 - in reply to #5677335)
Subject: RE: UPDATE for JD1770 ISO to CASE IH AFS Pro700

roaming
hf213 - 12/5/2016 10:11

Ok...here we go... round 2 , ding ding :-)

Here is my previous post:
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=672076&mid=566...

Data and things I have found out this weekend :

Planter serial A01770 F 695128 machine build date : 09 AUG 2001 Deere designates it as a 2002 model year
It is a front fold flex 12 row 30"
It HAS dual Seedstar Variable Drive w/ 2 motors
It does have ISO connection
IT has 2 gray dual CAN module wedge boxes on the planter, 1st AA52902 serial 1563-15233, 2nd AA52898 serial 1576-15248

It WAS controlled with Brown Box Seedstar controller / display, part number PF80778, serial PCGU 02A 192851 date code 3006 ISO 2.5 Deere 4 / 5

Customer will want to connect this to BRAND NEW MX235 and BRAND NEW AFS PRO 700, plans are to just run on WAAS, then upgrade once this setup works

1.) I talked to a Deere dealer, one idea was to just hook the planter up as is and see if we would get an emulation screen....if it would come up, run it that way

Should I be concerned of frying any exisiting module boxes on planter 1st ?
Would we need task controller for this on the AFS Pro 700 ?

2.) Another idea was to get Ag Express adapter to convert older planter monitor system to work on ISO Virtual Display
a.) so far...was told that current dual hyd drives would NOT work with this system and would need :
Hydro drive kit PWM $ 1700.00
up to 16 Row harness $ 1700.00
360* pulse rate encoder 225.00
hardware kit $ 400.00
So ... just a little over $ 4K total, but would not be able to independently variable drive LH and RH halves of planter, the variable drive would control all 12 rows, and I am quite sure customer would be ok with that. Ag Express is supposed to be getting back with me yet to verify everything here is 100% legit.

3.) At present time...customer does not need or wanting Rx or row clutches, but I kind of like to keep the future open for him. I honestly had thought of a trade to a newer planter might not be out of the question either, however, the mechanical side of this planter is in NICE shape, more like real NICE !!!

3.a ) Customer DOES want to be able to change population on the go....so if he had 4 or 6 pre programmed populations that he could pick and choose from, and change on the go with a touch of button, he is more than fine with that.

4.) With the AFS PRo 700, this should allow him to map what has been planted correct ? all though mapping is not in his current plans....I would like him to have the capability for future if he would change his mind.

AGAIN EVERYONE THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I'm not an expert on Deere electronics, but in the ISO world, you should be able to just plug it all together and see if it works.

The Pro 700 Task Controller is required only if you want to a) prescription variable-rate, and/or b) run automatic section control (drive level or row level), and/or c) record maps, and/or d) record any kind of data (acres, avg rate, etc. If you don't need any of those features, then you can skip the Task Controller.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)