AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone know the differences between agleader emu and cnh moisture bypass
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/2/2016 10:20 (#5670826 - in reply to #5670757)
Subject: RE: anyone know the differences between agleader emu and cnh moisture bypass

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
What is a moisture bypass system? Maybe you referring to the scheme Ag Leader has used for the last several years where the moisture sensor is mounted on the clean grain elevator. On these there is a hole cut into the clean grain elevator where the grain is going up and another on the down side. Grain falls into the moisture sensor assembly where it surrounds the actual moisture sensor. A proximity switch starts/stops a small auger that moves the grain over to the down side of the clean grain elevator. This keeps the cavity full but yet allows "new" grain to enter. If the auger would not turn, the grain would stay in the assembly and the indicated moisture would not change. The moisture sensor itself mounts in the assembly and can be easily removed.

In the early years, Ag Leader placed the sensor in a hole cut into the clean grain auger in the grain tank. This required removing a section of flighting and grain was pushed through by the force of the grain behind it. After a couple of years Ag Leader switched to the style described above.

When I went from a 7720 combine to a 9500, I went with the newer style assembly in the grain elevator. I had a PF3000 in the 7720 where the sensor plugged into a harness that lead to the PF3000. This was a nonCAN system. When I traded for the 9500, I went with an Insight which is a CAN based system and there is an actual moisture module typically mounted on the clean grain elevator. The sensor itself was the same. Instead of going to the PF3000 in the cab, the connector was attached to the moisture module. At that point in time, the moisture sensor came from a Dryer company. Later I moved the assembly to a 9650 STS when I traded to that combine.

Later still, Ag Leader came up with their own moisture sensor which works better. It is physically the same size as the original and can be used with either the older displays such as the PF3000 or the newer CAN based systems. Last year I traded combines again. I moved the elevator assembly to this 9770 that had a Deere system on it. I removed the Deere moisture sensor and was able to sell it here on the Classifieds. At that time I went with the Ag Leader's current style of moisture sensor. I still have the original lying around that did still work.

With all of the above in mind, it is my opinion that an Ag Leader sensor should plug right in. I believe it will require a cable from Ag Leader that has the old style connector on it. The cable is quite long as it could be used to go into the cab on the older displays. I didn't need much cable so it is tied up in a loop on the clean grain elevator.

With many combines this moisture assembly is mounted on the outside of the clean grain elevator. With certain "red" combines it is mounted on the inside of the clean grain elevator up quite high. I believe this was necessary from a space standpoint since if it were mounted on the outside there would not be enough room to close the side door on the combine. I believe the moisture assembly is a mirror image of the style that goes on the outside. The sensor itself is the same.

Final thought: With a genuine Ag Leader display certain values could be set by the user to make it match various combines. When Ag Leader made them for Case some of these values (elevator sprocket teeth etc.) were fixed and not changeable by the operator. I don't remember if the values for the moisture settings were fixed or changeable with the Case version. I would think they would be changeable like they are on a genuine Ag Leader.

Edited by tedbear 12/2/2016 10:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)