AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader planter monitoring module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 11/29/2016 20:04 (#5665402 - in reply to #5664577)
Subject: RE: ag leader planter monitoring module

East Central, Nebraska
just to clarify what people have tried to say here. the KPMM (kinze planter monitor module) is used on the kinze muxbus sensors, it will do monitoring for only these sensors and it usually will replace the KPM monitors (KPM, KPMII, KPMIII) I believe the monitor your referring to has dickey john sensors though I am not positive of that. earlier today I was looking and I believe when the KM1000 was offered they also offered a KM3000, which is also a very popular dickey john monitor used on white planters also for a lot of years, I also believe older red planters also utilized this same monitor. since the book for your planter seems to insist that these monitors could be easily interchanged then I could only come to the conclusion that if you wanted to utilize your integra and do the planter monitoring then you would need a STMM (seed tube monitor module).

if you would like to be very sure of what exactly you have, the best way I know to tell is to look at your harness. a dickey john type harness will have each set of wires running to every single row and then come together into one big plug with a whole bunch of pins. the muxbus harness will have 3 wires daisy chained throughout the hole bar and looks very simple. it will not have a big plug but will have a 3 wire plug that looks just like all the others across the bar. this system doesnt care which sensor is plugged into which plug, the address of every sensor is determined from the monitor that will give that sensor an address that it will keep, and if that sensor is moved it will keep that address. due to the complexity of these sensors and that fact that I am sure your monitor is not that complex I would bet you have dickey john sensors. dickey john sensors are a much simpler system.

I actually changed my planter from the muxbus sensors to the dual boot sensors (both dickey john (dumb mode) and muxbus) to utilize the seed tube monitor module. I believed that the seed tube monitoring module was far superior than the kinze system. after a year of using them I am not entirely sure this is true.

Edited by caseihfarmer 11/30/2016 03:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)