AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Livestock lows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 10/26/2016 09:57 (#5600909 - in reply to #5600779)
Subject: 2.514 Million

Buxton ND
Was the hog slaughter last week. I'm old school piggy's from the 80's so that number is crazy. This number is probably alittle miss leading because the week prior a big big kill plant on the east coast was shut down for a few days the week prior from the hurricane. I believe this was a all time record kill. This will probably be broken a few times to come.

China's probably gonna end up buying a pile of cheap pork by New Years. What would you buy cheap pork ? or high priced beef ? Toss in chicken and ask the American customers ?

Comment from tweeter yesterday "spread between retail & cash cattle is widest since the Great Depression not to mention competing protein stocks" EVERYONE that touch's your beef is making a killing after you unload those fats***** Why not makes some waves here ? It could actually do some good***** Senator Grassley had made lots of waves about the cattle futures part, I can not say that was a big success. There is a reason hogs can be hedged into 2018 and cows CAN'T.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)