AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealing with high yielding corn residue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/23/2016 19:09 (#5596468 - in reply to #5596364)
Subject: RE: Dealing with high yielding corn residue

Running a non chopping Drago with new knives, so lots of residue after the best corn crop I've ver raised. Running My new Dominator about 12" deep at 6.8 mph actual ground speed, about 7.5 mph on the tractor speedo. Working in the potash and about 90 lbs of Map, to help decompose the stalks a little more. At that speed the Dominator mixes very well, and leaves it pretty black. Especially after a light rain or foggy morning or heavy dew. Seems to bury even more residue if the stalks are a little on the damp side. Hit it with a finisher in the spring,and it is just about a perfect seedbed. I'm only ten miles from the Minnesota border, and don't need it or want it any blacker than that. This is for COC. For beans a light pass with a VT, or even better, a Danish tine field cult with a combination rolling basket/coil tine harrow incorporating a good pre herbicide would get the beans off to a great start. This is after the fall trip through with the Dominator also. Otherwise hit the stalks with our Sunflower 6330 Vt this fall, and again in the spring going to beans. That 6330 is doing a very nice job.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 10/23/2016 19:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)