AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lending expansion and bank reserves dropping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/22/2016 12:55 (#5594478 - in reply to #5594429)
Subject: RE: Lending expansion and bank reserves dropping?

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have not literally read the book but I know most of its contents through reading excerpts and have listened to the author before in interviews.

What was originally (as I recall) called the Aldridge bill and was rejected by congress was later re-dubbed the Federal Reserve Act (so it sounded more "Federal government" which it was not and less private banking bill, which it was) and slipped through congress late hour right before Christmas recession after many members had already left for the holidays.

Almost like one of those "we need to pass the bill to see what is in the bill" deals.

The country got screwed over big time. And we are approaching the peak of the folly of a monetary system based on debt and what happens when the debt grows beyond proportions that are sustainable. In a debt based system, the debt has to continually grow or the system implodes in on itself through defaults. When all currency to pay debts is created as debt, debt has to expand to sustain the debt load. ZIRP or zero interest is simply a last gasp effort to sustain what is unsustainable. With interest being nothing, an unlimited amount of debt can be sustained. But we plebes don't have access to zero interest loans. Only the "important" ones.

John

Edit: come to think of it, I have read it. I've got it on Kindle but had forgotten

Edited by John Burns 10/22/2016 12:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)